Marriage is an important juncture in a person’s life. It is the product of a person’s fate, a crucial link in one’s fate; it is not founded on any person’s individual volition or preferences, and is not influenced by any external factors, but is completely determined by the fates of the two parties, by the Creator’s arrangements and predeterminations regarding the fates of the couple.
A marriage is not the product of both members’ families, the circumstances in which they grew up, their appearances, their ages, their qualities, their talents, or any other factors; rather, it arises from a shared mission and a related fate. This is the origin of marriage, a product of human fate orchestrated and arranged by the Creator.
God Has Appeared in the East of the World with Glory
1. Throughout the universe God is doing His work, and in the East, thunderous crashes issue forth endlessly, shaking all denominations and sects, all denominations and sects. It is God’s voice that has brought all men to the present. God lets His voice be that which conquers man; they all fall into this stream and all submit before Him, for God has long ago reclaimed His glory from all the earth and issued it forth anew, issued it forth anew in the East. Who does not long to see God’s glory? Who does not anxiously await God’s return? Who does not thirst for God’s reappearance? Who does not long for God’s, God’s loveliness? Who would not come to the light? Who would not see the richness of Canaan? Who does not long for the return of the “Redeemer”? Who does not adore the Great Almighty?
2. God’s voice must spread throughout all the earth; He wishes to speak of more to His chosen people. The words God utters shake the mountains and rivers like mighty thunders; He speaks to all the universe and to mankind. Hence God’s words become man’s treasure, and all men cherish them, cherish them. The lightning flashes from the East even to the West. God’s words are such that man loathes to give them up and finds them unfathomable, but moreover, man rejoices in them. Like a newborn infant, all men are glad and joyful, celebrating God’s coming. Because of His voice, God shall bring all men before Him. Thenceforth, God shall formally enter among men so that they come to worship Him. The glory God gives forth and His words make it such that all men come before Him and see that the lightning flashes from the East.
3. And God has also descended unto the “Mount of Olives” of the East. He has already long been on earth, no longer the “Son of the Jews” but the Lightning of the East. For God has long since been resurrected, gone away from among men, then reappeared among men with glory. God is He who was worshiped before the ages, and the “infant” forsaken by the Israelites before the ages. Moreover, He is the all-glorious Almighty God of the present age! Moreover, He is the all-glorious Almighty God of the present age! Let all come before God’s throne to see His glorious countenance, hear His voice, and watch His deeds. This is the entirety of God’s will; it is the end and climax of God’s plan, as well as the purpose of God’s management. Let every nation worship Him, every tongue acknowledge Him, every man trust Him, and every people be subject unto Him, every man trust Him, and every people be subject unto Him!
from “The Seven Thunders Peal—Prophesying That the Kingdom Gospel Shall Spread Throughout the Universe” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Man’s True Condition of Being Corrupted by Satan
1. For so many years, the thought man lives by has corrupted man’s heart, man’s heart. So man becomes crafty, cowardly, and base. Man has no perseverance or resolution, and is greedy and frail and willful. He does not have the will to transcend himself at all, much less have any courage to break away from the bondage of the influence of darkness.
2. Man has a depraved mind and leads a depraved life. Man’s viewpoint of believing in God is still awful, and it is even intolerable to the ear, intolerable to the ear once it is spoken of. All men are cowardly, powerless, base, and fragile. They do not feel loathing for the force of darkness, and do not love the light and the truth, but they do their possible to drive them out.
from “Why Are You Not Willing to Be a Setoff?” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
No Prayer, No Work
1. Prayer is not a ritual, and it has meaning in many, many aspects. From prayer, you can see that one is directly serving God. If you take it as a ritual, you certainly cannot serve God well. If you do not pray to God with your heart and do not pray genuinely, in God’s eyes you do not count and do not exist. Then you won’t have the Holy Spirit’s working. From now on, no prayer, no work. It is prayer that brings forth work and brings forth service. You say you are one who serves God, but if you never, never put effort into your prayer and are never serious with your prayer, your service in whatever way will fail.
2. If you can often come before God and can often, can often pray, it proves that you take God seriously, you take God seriously. If you often make no prayer and do things by yourself, doing this or that thing behind God’s back, you are not, not serving God but carrying out your own management. Then aren’t you condemned? Outwardly you seem to cause no, cause no disturbance and speak no blasphemy, but you are doing your own things. Then aren’t you causing disruption? Although outwardly you seem to cause no disruption, in nature, in nature you are resisting God.
from “The Significance and Practice of Prayer” in Christ’s Talks with Church Leaders and Workers
God’s words in this video are from the book “A Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh.”
The content of this video:
Progeny: The Fifth Juncture
1. One has no control over what becomes of one’s offspring
2. After raising the next generation, people gain a new understanding of fate
3. Believing in fate is no substitute for a knowledge of the Creator’s sovereignty
4. Only those who submit to the Creator’s sovereignty can attain true freedom
Independence: The Third Juncture
After a person has passed through childhood and adolescence and gradually and inevitably reaches maturity, the next step is for them to completely bid farewell to their youth, say goodbye to their parents, and face the road ahead as an independent adult. At this point [c] they must confront all the people, events, and things that an adult must face, confront all the links in the chain of their fate. This is the third juncture that a person must pass through.
1. After becoming independent, a person begins to experience the sovereignty of the Creator